Tags

,

I finally completed another version of my Boston Uncommon quilt pattern. In exchange for me making this quilt in these colors, Dawn Williams made a generous donation to the Michigan Organ Transplant Family Assist Fund.

I started piecing this quilt at the Ann Arbor Modern Quilt Guild retreat at the end of January. It was supposed to be a queen, but I miss-calculated and it turned into a king. I had all the blocks made by the time I realized how large it was going to be, so I decided to just go with it. The final size is 92″ x 102″.

Here is a full view of the front

Here is a full view of the front

A close up of the front

A close up of the front

Here a full view of the back.

Here a full view of the back.

I quilted a king on my Juki once before, but it was so hard to move all that weight around. I decided to send this one out. This is the first time I have had someone else quilt one of my tops. Kathy Koch of Thread Bear Quilting did a fabulous job.

Close up of the quilting from the back

Close up of the quilting from the back

This is the label

This is the label

Advertisements