Using my walking foot, I finally finished the outline of the grid in the big white inner border of Modern Lily.
Deciding that it looked sparse compared to the heavy quilting in the center, (See my post from March 3 for photos of the quilting in the center.) I started doodling some ideas for filling in the grid.
I made this practice piece and decided I like the little circles and hearts best. My darling husband pointed out that the little circles looked more like blobs than circles.
I find practice is usually the best solution to most of my quilting problems. The top row is my second attempt at quilting little circles. The bottom row was the third and final attempt. Notice how much rounder they are now. I think I am ready to start working on the actual quilt.